Thursday 12 August 2010

Dressmaking Project number 1

Okay so for the first venture into using a commerical pattern I chose Anna Maria Horners Socialite pattern http://store.annamariahorner.com/socialitedress.html

I had read a few reviews in blogs and was most impressed by the one in sew mama sew........ well it had pictures thats a god send when you are doing this with only sewing books and Art and Design Textiles GCSE to go on........... (This was my only A at GCSE level.......... so maybe I was okay at it but if I remember correctly we only played with the sewing machines.... a wee bit).


So I thought how hard can it be................. actually it wasn't too bad a few unpicking of seams but I think that will be a common theme to my sewing so I better get used to it.............



I did adore the cotton lawn from Liberty which I brought of Ebay...... but the pattern I got from http://www.backstitch.co.uk/ along with 100% cotton blue material which now thinking about it would not be right for this pattern..........









This is how it turned out and I wore it out to the pictures for MIL birthday on Saturday and I felt it didn't look too homemade.... always an aim but not necessarily achieveable with limited skills and experience....








No comments:

Post a Comment