Thursday 9 September 2010

The Black Dog

These past two weeks have been hellish for me. I have been attacked by the black dog of depression again. I forgot or rather wanted to forget how hideously painful it is when it strikes. I just feel this sense of panic and gut wrenching hideous self loathing like I am the worst person who ever lived.
I also seem to lose the ability to sleep which is the worse thing as the less sleep the more irrational I become. It just becomes a circle of destruction for my foothold in reality.
Needless to say the family suffers. A especially has put up with this "episodes" for nearly 13years now so deserves a medal. In fact he is the best person as he does not let me not do things as is my want when depressed, but ensures even if though I have been signed off work that I have "stuff" to do..... tasks to achieve and succeed in all helping me along with the Anti-depressants to get better.
The relapses only ever occur when I try coming off the happy pills. When on them I like my better self, the best I can be. So why or why do I keep on trying to come off them when it has been proven in the last 13yrs for about 5 times I have tried to come off them I relapse and my world all starts crumbling in.................
I can honestly say I don't know............ I just want to be the person I am on them off them if that makes any sense.
Everyone has been great and that is something to be truly grateful for.............. now nearly two weeks back on the meds I am starting to feel "normal" again and like I have things in perspective. I am still on sleeping tablets which isn't great but at least I'm sleeping.
I can now start to concentrate on things without the anxiety and fuzzy headiness. I also have the perspective that my new job is wait for it NEW and so will feel awkward and difficult for the first 6 months. I should just go with the flow and not spend every waking minute thinking about it, worrying about it. I will get there but it may take sometime and not to be so hard on myself. Same with the CfE stuff I'm working through it but I will get there..... and I am not responsible for all of it. I am only one person in a system trying to the best she can with what she is given.............. even if I do end up subsidising it............ (what teacher dosent buy books etc and resources to make the job easier).
Well to saying that sewing had helped I sewed a lovely skirt using amy butler fabric and a pattern from the serendipity book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sew-Serendipity-Pretty-Sewing-Designs/dp/1440203571/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1284020535&sr=8-1
It turned out okay. My mil thought it was shop brought which I thought was a good sign....
Just waiting for a decent camera to take pictures with for this site......oh well........
Now I have some Anne Maire Horner Voile that needs my focus............... much better than being depressed and not wanting to do anything.
I just have to hope these baby steps in feeling better continues each day ..... along with the pills and the support.......I will feel "normal" again soon and maybe even confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment